Sphynx cats are known for their hairless or nearly hairless bodies, which can make them more prone to dry skin and acne. To groom a Sphynx cat, it’s important to keep their skin clean and moisturized. Here are a few tips on how to do this:
* Bathe your Sphynx cat regularly, using a mild, unscented cat shampoo. It’s important not to over-bath them, as this can dry out their skin. Once a month is generally sufficient.
* After bathing, gently pat your Sphynx cat dry with a towel, and then use a blow dryer on a low setting to dry their skin thoroughly. Be sure to keep the blow dryer at a safe distance from their skin, to avoid burns.
* Use a unscented, mild lotion to moisturize your Sphynx cat’s skin.
* Wipe your Sphynx cat’s face with a damp cloth daily to remove dirt and debris, and to prevent acne.
* Brush your Sphynx cat’s skin to exfoliate and remove dead skin.
It is also recommended to watch for any signs of skin irritation or infection, and consult with a veterinarian if necessary.
Also they would require regular ear cleaning since they are prone to ear infections, keep their nails trimmed and teeth brushed to maintain their overall hygiene.