There are a few ways you can protect your furniture from your Persian cat’s claws:
1. Trim your cat’s claws regularly. This will help prevent your cat from damaging your furniture, as well as reduce the chances of your cat getting stuck or injured.
2. Use nail caps. Nail caps are small, soft plastic caps that you can place over your cat’s claws. They will prevent your cat from being able to extend its claws and scratch your furniture.
3. Provide your cat with a scratching post or pad. Cats scratch to mark their territory and to maintain the health of their claws, so it’s important to provide them with an appropriate scratching surface.
4. Use a deterrent spray. There are sprays available that contain a scent that cats dislike, which can help discourage them from scratching your furniture.
5. Cover the furniture with a protective cover or throw blanket. This will create a physical barrier between your cat and the furniture, and will also protect the furniture from dirt and fur.
Remember to be patient and consistent with your training. It may take some time for your cat to get used to not scratching your furniture, but with time and positive reinforcement, your cat can learn to use an appropriate scratching surface.