There are a few steps you can take to help prevent your Golden Retriever from getting sick:
1. Keep your dog up-to-date on vaccinations: Vaccinations help protect your dog from various diseases and infections. Consult with your veterinarian about which vaccines are appropriate for your dog based on their age, lifestyle, and other factors.
2. Practice good hygiene: Keep your dog’s living area clean and free of dirt, feces, and other contaminants. This will help prevent the spread of infection and illness.
3. Feed your dog a healthy diet: Provide your dog with high-quality, age-appropriate food and make sure they have access to clean water at all times.
4. Exercise your dog regularly: Exercise can help keep your dog healthy and fit, and can also help prevent boredom and destructive behaviors.
5. Keep your dog away from potentially hazardous substances: Keep your dog away from toxic substances like household cleaners, pesticides, and medications.
6. Regularly groom your dog: Grooming your dog can help keep their coat and skin healthy, and can also help you spot any potential health problems early on.
7. Take your dog to the vet for regular check-ups: Regular check-ups can help your veterinarian identify any potential health problems early on, and allow for prompt treatment.
By following these steps, you can help keep your Golden Retriever healthy and happy.