There are several ways you can help your cat get enough exercise to stay healthy and happy. Here are a few ideas:
1. Provide your cat with plenty of toys, such as balls, laser pointers, and interactive toys that encourage them to move around and play. You can also make your own toys, such as scratching posts and hideaways, to keep your cat engaged.
2. Make time for daily play sessions with your cat. This is a great way to bond with your cat and give them the opportunity to run around and expend energy.
3. Set up a cat tree or scratching post near a window. Cats love to watch birds and other wildlife, and this can be a great way to keep them active and entertained.
4. Consider getting another cat. Having a playmate can provide your cat with a lot of entertainment and exercise, and it can be good for their overall well-being.
5. Provide climbing opportunities by adding a cat tree, shelves or other tall, sturdy structures to your home.
6. Provide access to the outdoors, if possible and safe for your cat breed or location. Even if it’s just a small balcony, allowing your cat to experience the outdoors can be beneficial for their physical and mental well-being.
It’s important to keep in mind that each cat has their own personality and preferences, so it may take some trial and error to figure out what your cat likes best. But with a little patience and creativity, you can help your cat stay active and healthy.
It is also important to note that some medical conditions or age might limit cats exercise and mobility, so please consult your vet for the best options for your cat.